Munchkin Soccer Information
* Munchkin soccer runs every Saturday from the end of August (exact date TBD) for 8 weeks.
* There will be an informational meeting/uniform pickup the week soccer starts.
* Parents must stay or designate someone to watch their child. Children cannot be left unattended.
* Parents will be asked to be involved in practice. (Playing little games etc.) Wear your sneakers!!
Please bring the following to each practice:
- A bottle of water or a drink.
- A size 3 soccer ball. (Put name on ball) If you only have a size 4 that’s fine.
- Shin guards. Mandatory for safety.
- Soccer cleats optional and not recommended for munchkins. Keep in mind, soccer socks are thick & will affect the size/fit of the sneaker. Make sure sneakers are old ones because they will get DIRTY.
- A completed picture day envelope (only needed for the first practice)
- Take a chair, blanket etc. for you to sit on - No bleachers
Munchkin Field location:
All munchkin teams will play at Peter’s Complex on the softball field, located just before the snack pavilion on the right. (The field with the tall fence and lights) You can enter near home plate.
Please check our website before you leave for field closures. I will also send an email once I know of cancellations.
If it rains & your soccer practice is canceled, there are no make up days.
We supply the uniform. (uniforms can be picked up at Park and Rec during the Munchkin informational meeting the week before soccer starts)
Shirt, shorts and socks. If the weather is cool, they can wear warmer clothes under their uniform.
You supply the Shin guards:
Shin guards should be worn under the sock. If the shin guards irritate your child’s leg, you can wear a thin pair of socks under them. Or, if you pull the soccer sock way up first, then put the shin guard on over the sock, & then pull the top of the soccer sock down over the shin guard. It should be long enough keep the shin guard in place.
* Picture day is our biggest fundraiser. All the money goes back to help our kids, through paid professional coaches, clinics, referees and so much more. Thank you for your support!!
I will come get each group for photos, please wait for me to come get you.
* put payment inside, DON’T SEAL
* Please fill out your picture envelope BEFORE YOU ARRIVE at the field.
* Munchkin photos will be taken in the large field on the left as you enter the parking lot. For this one day only the muncskins will practice on the field by pictures. Every other day the munchkins will practice on the baseball field by the concession stand.
** Group A will take photos first, during the first ½ of practice. Please arrive 15 minutes early. We cannot wait if you are not on time.
** Group B will take photos during the last ½ of practice.
** While the other team is having photos taken, (second ½ of practice time) you will be having practice.
* There will be no time to run to the car to grab something or for a quick clean up. You may want to bring a hairbrush, a damp washcloth etc. with you to the field. Sorry for any inconveniences this might cause.
***If it rains, even if practice is canceled, pictures will still be taken. All players are to meet in the Joel school Cafeteria 15 minutes before their scheduled photo time. Please be on time.
* To email me please use this address email@example.com **When you email me, please include your name, your child’s name, group number and Team in the email. (once you know them!)
* If your email address changes, PLEASE notify me ASAP. Otherwise I will assume you are receiving the information I am emailing.
* If you are not receiving emails from me once you have registered please let me know.
Closing ceremonies: date TBA.
* Pictures that were ordered will be given out that day.
* There will be a wonderful slide show of professional candid and action photos taken during the season.
**Arrive early, especially opening day, the parking lot gets quite full.
Please try to remember that the children are there to have fun. Yelling from the side lines, however good intentioned, can get confusing, and make little ones nervous and upset. They are only young once, and we want them to enjoy themselves.